If you are a person who is constantly on the go, then there is a good chance that you tend to get stressed out and exhausted every now and then. The running around puts a lot of weight on your feet on a regular basis and this is where you can truly benefit from Reflexology Massage. The benefits offered by reflexology are many and it is known to stimulate nerve function. Increase blood circulation, boost energy levels, eliminate toxins from body and induce a deep state of relaxation. Mentioned below are some of the most significant benefits of reflexology.
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is an alternative treatment for various conditions and has been in practice for thousands of years. The treatment involves a reflexologist applying pressure to specific areas in the hands, feet and ears. It affects certain reflex areas in the body which adjust or manage body functions.
Benefits of reflexology
Reflexology is known to prevent migraines and stimulate the central nervous system but it also treats diseases such as depression, urinary tract infections and sleep disorders among others.
- Improved nerve function- With age, nerve endings tend to become less responsive in various parts of the body. Reflexology is known to connect over 7,000 different nerve endings in a single session which helps increase function and reactivity. Opening up and cleaning out neural pathways helps improve flexibility and restores function to a great extent in various parts of the body.
- Enhanced energy level- Reflexology increases metabolism and energy creation processes by aligning various organs and muscle systems. If you are feeling stressed out and sluggish, then all you need is a session with a reflexologist and you will end up feeling rejuvenated at the end of the session. You can also go in for a deep tissue Spot Massage if you are experiencing pain or tension in the neck, shoulder or back region.
- Increased blood circulation- Increased circulation throughout the entire body is one of the well known and verified benefits of reflexology. It means that blood and oxygen can reach every cell of the body more effectively. So, it ensures that vital organs such as the brain get proper nourishment, thereby enhancing their overall function and promoting faster healing and re-growth of damaged cells.
- Ease of pregnancy- Reflexology helps ease out pregnancy terms of labor lengths during labor and postpartum recovery time. Reflexology can also reduce postpartum depression and can facilitate healing in the woman’s body and help restore normal metabolic activity quickly.
- Elimination of toxins- Reflexology has proven effective in improving bladder function and reducing urinary tract infection. So, it helps make for a more efficient system of eliminating toxins and foreign substances, thereby protecting the body from a number of diseases and health conditions.
Reflexology also helps reduce headaches and ease out cancer treatment. So, if you are dealing with any of the problems mentioned above, all you need is a reflexology session with a qualified reflexologist and you shall feel much better once the session is over.