Back pain is one of the most common complaints among the folks above the age of 30 years. At times it also exists in young aged individuals, too who are used to sitting for long hours. As per the reports of Mayo Clinic, approx 80% of the Americans suffer from lower back pain ailments at least once in the lifetime.
Back pain has been the most is a common reason for work place absenteeism and doctor’s visit. Even though it is not usually serious but definitely uncomfortable.
Back pain generally associated with form of connections between our bones, muscles and the ligaments. However, lower back pain is said to be mostly linked with the bony lumbar spine, vertebrae discs, ligaments surrounding the spine and discs, spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles, etc.
Massage concentrating at the back is considered significant in curing such pains by the back pain massage or the Back Massage.
Causes of Back pain
The major causes of back pain are:
- Strained muscles, ligaments and muscle spasm
- Structural problems such as ruptured discs, bulging discs, etc
- Diseases such as- Sciatica, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Cancer of the spine
- Aberrant curvature of the spine
- Symptoms of Cauda equina syndrome
- Spine and Shingles infection
- Several other infections including- pelvic inflammatory disease in females, kidney or bladder infections
- Regular sleep disorders
- Use of bad mattress for sleeping on a regular basis
- Constant poor posture during everyday activities
Factor responsible for back pain
The significant factors that links higher chances of getting the back pain problem are:
- Working in a mentally stressful job
- During the period of pregnancy
- An inactive lifestyle
- Due to old age mainly among older adults who tend to be more vulnerable than the younger generation
- Due to higher anxiety levels and depression
- Due to gender inclinations of being common among females
- Obesity and being overweight
- Smoking a lot
- Exhaustive physical work and exercise if not performed correctly
Benefits of Massage for relieving back pain
Massage has been well recommended for relieving back pain and an effective method too as it is a natural way for such cures.
For all those who have been questioning towards the affectivity of Back Pain Massage, the answer is ‘yes’!
- Being a non-invasive and pretty low risk involved way of treating back pain, it is considered favourable for most of the people.
- Adding to the physical benefits, such massage types have been considered favourable as a help to the experts and psychological body setup as it supports relaxation and amplifies the production of ‘feel good’ chemicals- endorphins of the body naturally that automatically is helpful for curing both the acute and chronic back pain issues.
- It amplifies the blood flow and its circulation bringing the required nutrition for the muscles and tissues.
- It aids towards the recovery of the soreness in the muscle due to physical activity or any of the soft tissue injuries or s muscle strain).
- Reduces the muscles’ tension amplifying the relaxation of the muscle leading to higher flexibility, sleep and finally reduces the back pain.