Panchakarma or ayurvedic detoxification and rejuvenation has been considered as one of the best ways to neutralise the bodily problems and help people get rid of several ailments. It is basically a part of the various ayurvedic treatments that are mostly offered by the unique Ayurvedic therapists in Kerala and several other parts of India. It combines a number of therapies like spot massage, herbal massage, aromatherapy and potli massage as well.
The second half of the Panchakarma schedule actually goes with the Kizhi/Potli massage treatment. Potli is often considered as a therapeutic technique that takes use of small poultice or bags filled with various herbs. These herbs are specially prepared out of rice warmed in milk or other medicated oils. This extract is used for massage and offering heat to the entire body, specifically to the readily areas like- the lower back, neck and joints. This involves the techniques of Spot Massage to make the massage therapy even more effective.
Polti massage and its muscle strengthening benefits
- Potli treatments are believed to be an amazing treat for strengthening the muscles.
- It uses the specific herbs for improving the blood circulation and stimulating the entire body system. The therapist usually dips the poultice in hot oil and then taps it over the various joints of the body. This is then followed by gently rubbing the potli up and down throughout the entire body length.
- The herbs contained in the potli, the hot herbal oils, the continuous tapping and rubbing actions combine together to improve the blood circulation, relieve pain factors, improves mobility, reduces the stiffness and tones the skin.
- Such a combination treatment thus, in turn helps in complete strengthening of the body muscles along with its vitality.
- The soothing effect of the Potli massage is believed to be pretty effective for various neuro-degenerative conditions, weakness, lower back or neck pain, muscle wasting, Sciatica, etc.
- After the treatment, one feels better and much more relaxed along with stronger muscles to support the body.
This is how potli massage in combination with the spot massage therapy works wonders in improving the muscles health, increasing their flexibility and their strengthening, too.
Now, let’s have a look at the basic benefits and added advantages of the Potli Massage!
Benefits of Potli Massage
Out of the long list of Potli Massage, mentioned below are the major benefits of it-
- Works as an amazing pain reliever
- Improves blood circulation
- Builds body muscles without any weight lifting
- Relieves the body stiffness
- Opens the body’s fine channels for better lymphatic movements